If you missed the Jimmy Fallon show the other night, you missed up and comers Walk The Moon. These guys have a pretty good shot at indie stardom. I’m not going to be a music snob and use big words to describe how they sound. First thought that comes to mind is Kings of Leon, but hey, you have ears too.
This is the evolution of modern music. When a great song emerges, whether it be pop or the most obscure indie, it gets sampled over and over again. This one was originally released by Brooklyn based Indie-Rockers Grizzly Bear back in 2009, but since then has been reworked countless times. Not only do the interpretations range in style (from experimental electronic to hip-hop), but they also carry very different messages.
KEATON a.k.a. Aaron Shanahan is the drummer of Miami Horror. This is his first mixtape release and it’s a fantastic blend of Dance, House, and Club music that will make you feel good. KEATON prescribes listening to it when “you need to break up the work day, jogging in the park, and while cooking”. Give it a listen or a download.
1. Grouplove – Tongue Tied (Gigamesh Remix)
2. Bottin feat. Jupiter – Sage Comme Une Image (Spiller Remix)
3. ICONIC – Moonbootica (Lorenz Rhode Remix)
4. Bufi & La Royale – Michael
5. Philosophy Of Sound – Freedom, what for ? (A.N.D.Y. Remix)
6. Sebastien Tellier – Cochon Ville
7. DJ EQ – Appleseed
8. Mat Zo – Yoyo Ma
9. Phunk Investigation 1-2-3-4
10. In Flagranti – Humdrum
11. In Fields – Beginnings
12. Alpine – Hands (Goldroom Remix)
13. Astrolabe – Cave Disco (Discotexas Edit)
14. KEATON – Get Down (Dirty Edit)
15. The Commodores – Lady (You Bring Me Up) (Scott Swayze Edit)